Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Random things I think about

I was reading Indigo Girl's post about ODP v CDP (of which I am most definitely a CDP) and I started thinking about an old boyfriend who was an ODP! Horrifying. He used to call me into the bathroom to chat while he was ... taking care of business. And while he was, and I'm sure still is, a nice guy, I resolved to never ever ever date anyone again who was an ODP. Luckily, my sweet husband is a CDP and in fact, we're both CD Pee'ers as well....and that's how you really know if you're compatible with someone.

Then that got me thinking about work. I work in your basic office park building - five stories. Male and female bathrooms on each floor. I have NO idea what men are like when they use a public restroom to take care of ... um ... #2. Women, however, would just as soon pretend that they're doing anything else in the stall than pooping.

There is nothing worse than getting to the bathroom to take care of business and finding out that the bathroom is not empty. Worse still is getting to the bathroom, finding it empty, getting ready to ... well ... release and then someone comes in. And then, the waiting begins. If you're lucky, the other person just needs to pee and will be done in a jiffy. If you're not, you and she are going to have to duke it out, so to speak, to see who can outlast the other one. I've yet to lose. Then I start giggling wondering if anyone's ever sat there so quietly for so long that the motion-sensor lights in the bathroom have turned off and left them sitting there on the throne in the pitch black.

These are the things that amuse me.

As an update: I declined to interview for the position that the headhunter called me for. I told him that if they'd consider some type of flex arrangement, I'd be happy to talk to them but that I really didn't want anything full time right now. They clearly weren't interested because he then asked me if I knew of anyone else who could fill the position.

No comments: