
Bathtime girl

My little M just loves bathtime. To tell you the truth, it's second only to that early morning nursing/cuddling session for me. The whole ritual starts with us peeking around the corner into the mirror in the bathroom. When we spot our reflections in the mirror, we have to squeal with delight. Well, I squeal. M's smile spreads quickly across her face and I'm treated to her big gummy grin.
We sit down on the edge of the bathtub and turn on the water. M starts bucking back and forth with excitement. Makes it somewhat of a challenge to get her clothes off. We finally do and she practically leaps into the tub.
In the tub, she's like a Weeble Wobble. She teeters back and forth on her bottom eagerly reaching and grabbing for her toys. Everything, and I mean, everything goes into her mouth. Every once in a while she slaps the water and looks so surprised when the water actually splashes her in the face. And then...she hurls herself backwards completely trusting that I'll be there to catch her. While she's lying back she tries to roll back and forth completely enjoying the feeling of the water shooshing through her hair. And every time I try to sit her back up, she hurls herself back.
The only thing better for M than bathtime with Mom is bathtime with her brothers, A and J. There's just ain't nothin' better as far as she's concerned.
After the bath is over, I wrap her up in a big bath towel and dry her off. And then I make sure she's covered completely in lotion (we have such a problem with eczema in this family). And once she's in her jammies and her soft, fine hair is dry...then..well, then it's my favorite part. I just hold her and smell her. And there just isn't anything in the world that smells as good as my M after a bath. I'm willing to lay bets on that.

No comments:
Post a Comment